Friday, August 31, 2007

How I Really Feel Friday - Happy for the Weekend

How do I really feel? Let me tell you.

I bought a hand-held shower head earlier in the week and installed it. It didn't seem to put out water at the proper pressure and also, for the money spent, seemed cheaply made. Last night I go to Walmart and buy a more expensive one, different brand, get home take it out of the impossible to remove container and before I install it, it seems even cheaper than the previous one. So I repackage them both and head back to the store and return both BUT not before I get aggravated by the whole thing and read on each package that the WaterPik brand and Peerless brand shower heads I purchased were both MADE IN CHINA.

The original one in my shower had been there for so many years. I can't remember where or when I purchased it but do remember it was costly way back then, but it seems everything like that is much cheaper now. The original one was a MOEN.

So the beau can see I'm on a mission and won't be happy until I find a replacement LAST NIGHT and kept rambling on about boycotting Walmart because of the cheaply made MADE IN CHINA products, especially after reading about 6 articles in the past three weeks about the dog cookies sold in Walmart that are made in China that have Cyanide in them. How Walmart quietly took them off the shelf without much publicity, especially following their other publicized problems with food from China. I continued to ramble about Toys R Us yesterday and the coloring sets that have lead in the box and even in the crayons. Crap, crap, crap! I was on a roll.

I only wanted a shower head from a plumbing supply store that was made in the U.S.A. however, none of the stores were open after 8 p.m. in my region! He asked if I wanted to go to Home Depot. I continue to mutter that "Yeah, that's better, cheap shit from Mexico!"

Well, I knew I didn't have many options so we did look in Home Depot and they did have some of the similar cheap MADE IN CHINA products but they did have one model MADE IN THE U.S.A. and they had an especially nice one MADE IN GERMANY. After carefully scrutinizing the two products through the IMPOSSIBLE TO PENETRATE packaging, I opted for the MADE IN GERMANY model.

I was immediately in a better mood because now I was optimistic, again. The beau took over because now at this point he probably doesn't feel I'm competent to install the new shower head from all that crazy rambling that went on. He was probably "cutting to the chase" knowing that if this model failed I'd be in an even uglier mood than before. I must say that when I got to see this German made shower head out of the packaging I was impressed. You could tell immediately that more care was taken in the manufacturing of this product.

So the new shower head is installed and works wonderfully. I feel like writing a letter about the inferior quality products - where do I begin? Who shall be the recipient? I'm not sure yet but this "got my goat."

But I see room for opportunity...perhaps an HNT related opportunity in the very near future.

Have a great weekend everybody! Hug and kiss your children, especially those little ones that don't know any better yet to talk back and give attitude because they grow up fast and go to school before you know it. Next they're off to run some large corporation somewhere and forget to come visit you in a nursing home. Ta ta for now.

3 Comments:

At September 01, 2007 1:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what pisses me off more - the cheap products or the "impossible to penetrate" packaging!

Hope you have a refreshing weekend with your shower head! ;)

 
At September 04, 2007 11:36 AM , Blogger Chickie said...

Glad you got it replaced! Nothing sucks worse than not getting a good shower!

 
At September 04, 2007 5:13 PM , Blogger BTExpress said...

I'm remodeling my bathrooms as we speak, so I know what you're going through. Cheap gets cheap results. High quality materials cost more for a reason. And BTW, Lori swears by my new hand held shower, so if your interested, check out my recent posts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home