Thursday, September 21, 2006

Road Rage

So I’m leaving the local Stop’N’Shop the other day and a large SUV pulls into the lane I’m exiting but dead center, not leaving room for other cars to pass. So I stop and apparently I’m shaking my head from side-to-side which didn’t sit well with this guy. So when he manages to finally adjust his vehicle into the proper lane he pulls along side of me and very defensively asks me if I’m shaking my head at him. Now I’m thinking the guy is paranoid, but I realize that I probably subconsciously did do this. Which brings me to this question…Does it really matter? Is it worth confronting someone over? Because the way I see it, I’m in the confines of my own car watching the dumba$$ fail to navigate his vehicle with regard to others AND I’m not yelling “d!ckhead” out my car or flipping him off or anything, so is shaking my head really something to get all up in my face about?

Did I fail to mention that I recognize this fella from town – he owns the local repertory theatre? So I tell him that I recognize him from the theatre which throws him all off of his rant just as I was hoping. I wanted to let him know I’ve been a patron at his establishment and let it run through his mind that I might tell other people in town how the crazy bastard that owns the theatre was going off on me. Now it’s 5:00 in the afternoon and in the direction I was driving the sun is blazing in my face. He was driving against the now settling sun but had the audacity to make up an excuse by saying “the sun was in my eyes” and proceeds to put his dark glasses on. I almost started laughing.

1 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 12:42 PM , Blogger Richard said...

Fortunately you seem to be aware of what is happening around you while driving. This habit will keep you out of trouble.
Unfortunately, very,very few drivers pay attention, or they stare straight ahead, never using mirrors to check things out.
Recently there was a case where a drunk driver went onto the highway in the wrong direction and collided head on with another vehicle, and killed a little girl and a parent. The drunks excuse was, he was drunk, but what about the other driver, what the hell was he looking at while the 2 vehicles were closing in on each other?. Plenty of grass area to escape on, it was avoidable.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home