Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hump Day

My ex called me this morning while I was driving into work with "hurt" feelings. How come he wasn't invited to the Cheerleading pasta dinner last night. He came over last evening as me and the beau and the kid were leaving.

I told him it was last minute and I made the beau go. Anyway he was hurt - "she doesn't call me" "you can pay for the car insurance" blah, blah, blah He hung up - hurt - won't take calls.

I just sent him a text message: "Would you like to trade places with me? You live with her and you pay $50 for a pasta dinner that lasts 2 hours too long. Call me when you're ready to talk. I dare you to trade places with me."

I will challenge him - he can trade places with me for a month - I'll let him live in the house, pay for everything, etc. etc. and deal with it all - I will live elsewhere for the experiment. Let's see how long he lasts.

Ya know, he doesn't learn - follow by example. He wants her to call him, yet he makes plans and doesn't call to change them or say he's not coming....he just doesn't call.

He hates going to that cheerleading stuff, unless its for competition. If he feels like he's missing out on something then he should make more of an effort. If he's upset with her, don't call me and ruin my day and try to make me feel guilty. I can't run interference for him the rest of my life. I don't have the energy.

Is it about car insurance because now you're dangling that over my head because your upset? I could give a shit. I'll pay for the fukin insurance just not to receive these phone calls.

Is it about the kid and you not seeing enough of each other, about car insurance, about cheerleading, about the beau got to go to the Pasta dinner and you didn't? Do I look like Tinkerbell? I can't fix it all. I'm tired of trying to fix everything.

5 Comments:

At September 12, 2007 1:16 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

I'll bet you a shiny nickel that he doesn't take you up on the offer.

Sory that your morning had a sucky start. Hopefully, it got better.

 
At September 12, 2007 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he needs to wake up and smell his own responsibility!

 
At September 12, 2007 3:02 PM , Blogger Regal said...

Chickie/Seamus:

Thanks for your comments. I always try to be sensitive towards him and events/needs. It IS awkward when you go your separate ways but I make an extra effort for my kid. I always ask myself first, "Is it me? Am I being unreasonable or Am I being a dikhead?"

Quite honestly, he always has best intentions but can't deliver and I think he's feeling left out BUT I just know that I have to be at those events and I go and maybe I didn't tell him about this one ahead of time but I truly found out last minute as she was thinking of quitting cheerleading and I did tell the beau that if I had to go he had to go (and he knows I mean that in the nicest way) because I had to pay $50 to support the cause and figured he may as well come and eat what I had to pay for.

When we were married he NEVER would have gone to that event - I used to get embarassed because I was always alone and all the other girls in town had their husbands or new husbands and some had their ex-husbands and new husbands and I couldn't even get my husband to go.

I don't want you to JUMP ON MY BUS and take my side just because you're my buddies. If I'm being unreasonable "I can handle the truth!"

Thanks again guys.

 
At September 13, 2007 1:33 PM , Blogger BTExpress said...

I don't know enough about the situation to make an educated comment. I'll just say that divorced couples going their separate ways, seems better to me than constantly trying to deal with each other. They couldn't figure out a way when they were married, so I don't get how they expect to do when they are apart. I feel for you.

 
At September 13, 2007 5:52 PM , Blogger keda said...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mwuah*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home