Friday, February 08, 2008

A break from my every day life...



Big (800+) work meeting being held in Orlando. Those that worked on planning the meeting (11 of us) get to go down a day early to prepare so we leave tomorrow and come back Wednesday night. I'm not so sure I'll get much down-time but I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm hoping I don't get a lot of phone calls from home, from the ex who will spend the night with my daughter Saturday night and from my sis who will take her until Wednesday. Don't forget, the kid is 17 and they're not used to that kind of handful. Yes...sometimes she can be a handful. But they are all adults and shouldn't need me. I gave the kid my orders. You know..."don't give anybody a hard time." I personally can't complain. I find this part of her entertaining and delightful that she is fiercely independent and strong willed. She takes after me.

The beau will be in Tampa beginning this evening with his kids as it is his daughter's birthday weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 Comments:

At February 08, 2008 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in the sunshine state! :)

 
At February 09, 2008 1:22 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Have fun!

Hey, do you want to take a Basset Hound back with you? :)

 
At February 10, 2008 10:36 PM , Blogger david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

I came here from Seamus' blog. That's a stunning shot. Must have been no breeze at all, because there's not a ripple on the surfact of the water.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home