Monday, September 24, 2007

The Ex

So I had another dream about the guy that was in between the ex and the beau again last night. I wake up so annoyed with myself for not being able to forget him!

The ex came over after work to pay me...CASH...because the check he gave me a week and a half ago was returned to his account for insufficient funds on his account and the bastards had the gall to charge ME $10. So I called him today to tell him to check his bank statement online because I was sure he didn't know about any of it yet. And of course at first he didn't want to believe it and then he just plain pushed my buttons and pretended he didn't owe me because he already paid me when I said "now you owe me that check and last week's check." So he promptly came over and gave me cash for both those weeks and then had a beer and was telling me a story in the kitchen when the beau came in. So we all chatted and then the ex exited through the garage and he and I looked in a cabinet out there that had boat oil and cleaners and fluids and he separated what he thought was old for me to get rid of and took a couple things that are for his boat.

Let me back track for a second. The beau bought a used riding mower that looked like it had never been used but sat for about 18 months. He thought he ruined it using starter fluid in the carbeurator because it was smoking and then while I was on vacation bought a brand new one from Sears and offered the older mower to the ex. He was only going to sell it for parts for $50 but gave it to the ex, especially seeing how the ex gave me the little blue car in June. Well the ex knew he could fix it and turn around and sell it for possibly $800 and he didn't even do the work himself but gave it to someone to fix for him and it only cost him $75. He told the beau he was going to fix it and sell it as the ex's girlfriend's yard is so small he wouldn't even need it for her yard. So while the ex is cleaning out the fluids out of the cabinet he runs across starter fluid and holds it up to my face and says, "Let's save this for Chris" trying to be a funny wise ass and I have to admit, it did crack me up.

Of course he thinks the beau is a "suit" who shouldn't work with motors since the mower episode and I know this because his best friend that I went "pubbing" with last week implied that they both thought that he really screwed up the mower using the starter fluid.

And then I'm coaching the ex telling him that when he misses my daughter, instead of lecturing her for not calling when he comes over, to simply pick up the phone and make the call. I showed him the calendar that shows her school, cheerleading and work schedule and he said he understands but a call would be nice. So I reiterated that he's the adult and instead of trying to make her feel guilty to just pick up the phone and he said, "I know honey."

I totally giggled on the inside and he never knew he said it which was even funnier to me. I like when we get along. It was only a week or two ago when we had the misunderstanding about not being included in the cheerleading function that he admitted he wouldn't go to anyway.

4 Comments:

At September 25, 2007 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pffffttttt on the ex...how's the baby opossum? ;)

 
At September 28, 2007 5:05 PM , Blogger BTExpress said...

Have any dreams about me? ;-)

 
At October 09, 2007 1:21 PM , Blogger TK Kerouac said...

Hi
I've gone private
If you'd like an invite
email me at tkkerouac@gmail.com
momtheminx

 
At October 28, 2007 6:56 PM , Blogger Hollz said...

never a dull moment....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home