Friday, June 15, 2007

How I Really Feel Friday ~ Doctor, Doctor or God it Sux to Get Old

I had an annual physical this a.m.

I thought I'd fess up to the high blood pressure that I've been having since the beginning of the year...seeing that they're going to take my blood pressure and find out anyway. I who usually have a very good blood pressure reading.

Long story short - I'm scheduled next week (and beyond) for a battery of fun as ordered by the doctor. Ya know, I have to go see a cardiologist (because he heard my heart skip a beat and then ran an EKG and then had it documented), extensive blood work, an ultrasound of my bladder (you know these docs - they get carried away - just because of a little high blood pressure they want to make sure you're not going into renal failure!)

Oh, and let's not forget the gastroenterologist! To find out exactly why I have to take Prilosec every day...if I really have reflux or what else it might be.

Then he checks my chart for my age and I know what he's thinking and I beat him to the punch and announce "I won't be 50 for a couple of years and won't be having a colonscopy until then!"

So I woke up feeling great, and really...left there feeling great. As I was driving to work I was absorbing all that I heard and couldn't help but let depression seep in. Is this what I have to look forward to?


I see him again in 8 weeks or so for a blood pressure check and have to start taking medication for that. As my beau said, "Welcome to Club Med!"

So thanks to family history for the gamut of cardiac tests.

3 Comments:

At June 16, 2007 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least we have a "Club Med" - gives us a few more years to enjoy the variety at the "pill bar"! LOL

 
At June 20, 2007 12:49 AM , Blogger 212degreedesigns said...

savingdinner.com

hubs didn't have to start eating cholest. meds for life..
and he came off his bloog pressure meds.

quality of life begins with the fuel we give our physical bodies..

i know.. i know..
i tried to get around it too. lol
but really...
this eating right things really works. : }

 
At June 22, 2007 1:06 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Oh this ALL sounds so very familiar to me....lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home