Saturday, May 12, 2007

How I Really Feel Friday - Late Edition

I am so glad the weekend is here! The kids had prom - I even let them go to an "after" party with the exception that I pick them up at the end of the night - 2:30 a.m.

But experience tells me, that was the smart thing to do. Once they left the actual prom where there was NO DRINKING and came home and changed out of their clothes into jeans and then went to the "real" party I know they were staying put at that kid's house. But then was worried and didn't want anyone drinking and driving and driving my kid home.

The girls were thrilled to be out afterwards and actually called me a little early to come get them because they were tired.

Well worth being tired this morning to know my kid was safe.

Now, onto other things as the little darlings sleep. I will clean house and go to the nursery and get some flats of flowers for mom for Mother's Day. She informed me yesterday that that is what she'd really like.

4 Comments:

At May 12, 2007 10:52 AM , Blogger Vixen said...

Sounds like you have great kiddos :)

 
At May 13, 2007 8:24 PM , Blogger BTExpress said...

Smart, very smart. Sadly to say, I never went to my prom, because I was too shy to ask a girl. What a dope I was...... :-(

 
At May 13, 2007 11:44 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Cool that you let them go to a "real" party and then picked them up. More parents should do that sort of thing.

I hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

 
At May 21, 2007 6:14 PM , Blogger J a d e said...

I was about to say exactly what vixen said. Mine is only 7 but soon enough he will be out at night with his friends and I will then understand how you feel 100%. I worry enough as it is now :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home