Friday, April 27, 2007

How I Really Feel Friday - Rain, Rain, Go Away

The weeks have been chock-full at work which make me so tired in the evening when I'm home that I hardly have time to blog or comment.

I'm looking forward to the weekend but as usual we have very busy social lives, which I love, but it leaves little time to accomplish chores at home. So when the beau gets here we will order pizza and I will attempt to clean or start cleaning tonight so I don't feel guilty running around all weekend long.

His dad has been in the hospital the past two weeks and it's been very touch and go. He seems to have turned a corner the other night and is doing better. I'm not sure if he will get discharged this weekend or if he can even go directly home. He may need to go to a Nursing Home or Rehab facility first. I was sure this was the end of the road for him. That being said, we will be totally available to visit and/or deal with the situation at hand. We have plans to go out tomorrow night to see our favorite band and on Sunday, late afternoon, our good friend is playing (his band) at a festival and we plan to make an appearance there.

So the way that I really feel is I am grateful that the weekend is here for the much needed rest and relaxation time and grateful that we have such a full and fun social life. I am hopeful that I can accomplish everything I hope to and still be sane in the end. I too am grateful that his dad is doing well. Not ready for him to go quite yet.

As my post said last week I will be mindful to recycle all that is me. Enjoy the things I already possess - watch a movie, listen to my music, go through my things and enjoy them.

Here's wishing a wonderful weekend to all.
The photo is the view outside my window at this very moment.
It's drizzly outside;
the pansies are under the overhang
so they don't get plummeted by the raindrops.

3 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a quiet week end alone at home... I wish I will do my chores... but I doubt I will go through all of them... If you are like me, working full time with kids and a zoo at home, for sure you will understand my doubts... All I feel to do is drink some wine in a bubble bath and go to bed early tonight... so maybe tomorrow I will feel fresh and top shape for the big weekly cleaning that we are doing not even once a month....
What kind of life are we having?

 
At April 28, 2007 3:35 AM , Blogger J a d e said...

Hope he keeps getting better and hope you have a great weekend.

 
At April 28, 2007 1:20 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

I hope that it all goes smoothly with his dad. I know how stressful it can be when dealing with that sort of situation.

Have a good weekend and don't run yourself ragged!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home