Friday, March 30, 2007

How I Really Feel Friday ~ busy weekend

It's Friday morning and I stayed home to clean because my daughter's confirmation is tomorrow morning. Sipping coffee and listening to "Landslide" being sung sweetly in the background by Stevie Nicks on one of the morning shows.

I have a full day ahead of me and need to get motivated. Confirmation is tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. and then everyone comes back here for lunch and celebration including the ex and his mother. My mother guilted me into doing the right thing and inviting them to come back to the house. I hesitated only because of the fiasco back in February for my daughter's birthday when I invited him and he got mad at me and had hurt feelings because my beau would be here. Kids, kids, kids...sometimes we can't all play together well. Well, of course, nothing has changed, we'll all be here tomorrow but sometimes a little perspective can straighten our ass out. He isn't bringing his girlfriend. Not sure if its because she works in retail and is working or if its more comfortable for him not to bring her where he used to live.

So of course I'm going overboard. I ordered the main entrees so they will arrive when we get back from church but I shopped early this morning for antipasto items and salad and there will be champagne! (I may need to drink tomorrow to ease my anxiety - ha!) I also stayed up late last night to create DVD's of my niece's recent trip to Italy. I made slide shows of her photographs and set them to Italian music so we could watch them tomorrow. I thought this was a good plan just in case it gets awkward tomorrow.

My beau and I are going to a dinner show tonight. The show is a comedic hypnotist. You know, where you volunteer to get up and make a fool of yourself in front of your friends. I can't wait. I'm going to play instigator and see who I can get to go up from our group of friends.

The way I really feel is slight anxiety about tomorrow back at the house (worrying about how the ex is holding up and overcompensating by paying him more attention than to my beau) and know I'm going to be exhausted from breaking my back cleaning today, going out tonight when I should probably stay home. And then again, agreeing to go out tomorrow night as well with friends. It's going to be a blur. But some good photos should come out of it and I will post the cream of the crop. Maybe I'll cultivate a photo of the ex-mom-in-law saying something that makes me down a shot, or a photo of my friend under the spell of the hypnotist acting like a monkey.

Oy! Have a good weekend and I'll post the results of the day.

Pisa - March 2007

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2007 8:00 AM , Blogger Sassy said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow (ummm today?!).
Congratulations to you daughter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home