Tuesday, July 17, 2007

If it wasn't for BAD LUCK....

...I wouldn't have any luck at all!

I left my desk at 12:30 p.m. for a doctor's visit. Get out to my
car and the battery is DEAD. DEAD AS A DOOR NAIL! So I call the doctor's office to alert them that I won't be there for my 1:00 p.m. appointment but it's the lunch hour and I'm sure they won't hear the message until they wonder why I'm not there like I should be.

On the bright side:
I've been taking a detour into work every morning...getting off the highway and making a pit stop in the town I grew up in to stop at their Starbucks to get a cappuccino. Because after all, only Starbucks can make a bangin' cappuccino. So this has been going on for the past 2-1/2 weeks or so since I've been driving my "new old car."

This morning I realized, it's more than the coffee. This big, wonderful, gentle soul of a man (much younger man) makes my cappuccinos and he has the warmest, sweetest personality and I realized that his greeting every morning, especially this morning, like a "surprised, happy to see you" greeting makes the trip complete and worthwhile. Now he's not hard on the eyes but ITS NOT THAT! He just has the warmest, sweetest soul and enjoys his job and makes my 'already happy that I'm getting a cappuccino morning' even happier with his soft demeanor.
...so I think I was enjoying driving my 'new old little car' a little too much this morning, coveted that Starbuck's cappuccino and euphoric over the smiling, hunky, sweet clerk and singing the Michael Buble song "You're My Everything" big and loud and basically enjoying the little things in life a little too much this morning....yup! and then Wham! a little reality to put me back in my place.

2 Comments:

At July 18, 2007 11:53 AM , Blogger 212degreedesigns said...

YEA!!
how DARE you come out into the world all happy and smiling?!?!
we just can't have that shit around here.

move along before you draw a crowd or something! lol

 
At July 18, 2007 10:00 PM , Blogger BTExpress said...

Nice way to start the day. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home