Thursday, April 03, 2008

Anatomy of a Prom

Dress $290
Alterations $65
Jewelry $30
Hair/make-up/nails $100
boutanierre $12

for a total of $497!

I guess I should be happy that she's not buying a new pair of shoes or that the boy paid for the overpriced tickets or that she's paying for her own tanning which I wish she wouldn't even do. However, with all this in mind, I wish she was more mindful the other night when she was driving 10mph over the speed limit and got that $110 ticket. Oy! Or when she slept over my sister's house when I went away to that meeting and she left her retainer out and my sister's 6 month old puppy chewed on it. New one: today! $350!!!

4 Comments:

At April 05, 2008 9:23 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Wow. Times have changed. I remember getting my Senior prom dress on sale for $13 and the shoes for $10.

Reading this post makes me glad that the boys are boys and won't need dresses and accessories!

 
At April 07, 2008 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy to get and not so easy to afford, huh?

 
At April 11, 2008 4:19 PM , Blogger Redroach said...

Shit, two daughters and I still only have 16 years to save for prom.
Damnity Damn.

TV

 
At April 23, 2008 5:51 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi... just stumbled onto your blog and was reading a bit. I have a 17 year old in my life... her prom dress $500. No joke. And... six months ago she 'washed' her phone (by accident - in the washer) so it had to be replaced... then this weekend, while in Boston... she lost her phone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home