Sunday, May 04, 2008

A special nurse


This picture represents her nickname.

She is very special, not like any nurse I've met before. She is so warm, maybe too much because I don't know how she can go home and leave it all behind. When I say she loves her patients...she speaks to them...in their face...even when the rest of us aren't sure they can hear and see us. She kisses dad on the forehead, several times in a row. Its the nicest thing to see. (as if it was her dad.) Then she hugs mom and says goodbye because her shift is over. Then she gives me a big hug and a kiss. I've just met her. Her warmth overwhelmed me.

Please understand, in the past when I worked in healthcare and since then, I have known many wonderful nurses. They are all wonderful caregivers and exceptional human beings. This lady has a quality that makes her stand out. I'm not sure I could put it into words - this quality that she has. Her actions are not superficial. When she walked away she seemed as touched as I was. I knew I had crossed paths with someone special.

2 Comments:

At May 06, 2008 11:00 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Having someone like that around will make a world of difference to their patients. Glad your Dad has a good one.

 
At November 10, 2008 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home