Thursday, May 08, 2008

Dad Update

Dad is doing well, slowly. He is awake and very much aware and gets his messages to us somehow, as he still has the ventilator. He asked where my daughter was tonight. When she gets out of work at 9 p.m. I'm driving her up there to see him.

My ex and I just spoke to one another on the phone. He works at the hospital and goes in to look at my dad every day. He just told me that he doesn't go up to him by his side because he's afraid and said he hopes he doesn't have any animosity toward him. I'll have to say something to my dad tonight so the ex can visit him up close and personal. The first night of surgery, late at night, the ex was upset when I told him of the complications. I was surprised at how upset he was.

In addition, he offered to fix my mother's car and offered to cut her lawn. I explained to him tonight to not make promises he can't keep. He has every best intention but gets busy, or sidetracked. He said he would do it.

We have a strange relationship and can hardly go very long without speaking to one another. When my battery on my car died a few weeks ago when I was leaving work, (I left the lights on), he came and started it for me. He works not to far from me in the city and it was rush hour and I called him because he leaves work at the same time as I do, and afterall, he gave me this car last year. I knew he wouldn't mind. And it was helpful to me.

He seems to want to impress upon me lately that its important we remain close and comfortable with one another. I told him tonight, he'll be buried next to me. He said, yes...you can't get rid of me.

I find this stuff difficult lately. I don't believe he wants more...just this. But I find it difficult lately.

1 Comments:

At May 08, 2008 9:05 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Exes are prickly business. Even if you get along.

Happy to hear that Dad is progressing well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home