Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dad Update

I haven't been able to blog about it because "living in it" has been exhausting. But I've seen a noticable difference in Dad these past two days where I can see the progress although he's been making progress all along, albeit extremely slow.

He is still in ICU and it's been 5 weeks today!

He has a temporary tracheostomy and today they put a valve on it so he could speak and he said, "How long have I been here?, When can I get out of here? and Why can't I get up and walk?"

I'm hoping he'll be home for Father's Day. His and mom's anniversary is June 6th and they will be married 54 years.
Such an accomplishment!

3 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here hoping that he'll be home by Father's Day!

54 years! That is an accomplishment - congratulations to them!

 
At May 29, 2008 2:36 PM , Blogger Osbasso said...

Sorry to hear this is going on for so long! I'd be frustrated if I were him too! Or even you!

My parents celebrated 52 years in July. I'm afraid we're not going to see a whole lot of that in a generation or two...

 
At May 29, 2008 9:00 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Wow, 54 years? I do hope he's home to celebrate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home