Monday, June 30, 2008

While you were sleeping...

Dad sleeps a lot...because of the drugs and their inability to get them just right from when he was sleep deprived. Therefore he misses out on rehab. It's been 9 weeks and his mood his very down. In fact, I do believe he's given up. We're trying to treat that too.

He is scheduled to be transported this week to a special care facility who should be able to rehabilitate him, help him breathe on his own, as he's back on the vent. A weary, tired dad was losing ground from fatigue and ended up back on the vent. And now anxiety prevents him from breathing well.

The last week or two has been an emotional roller coaster. Hopefully we'll gain ground once he's at the new place. My fear is that he is now so tired the rigors of the new place will "break" him as he is already in a fragile state of mind.

He also plays possum. I do believe at times he is awake and chooses to keep his eyes closed and is taking everything in that goes on around him. I can tell when he's doing it and so can mom. She's the one that showed me his little trick. I call it, he's being "invisible." Can't deal or doesn't want to deal so if you're "asleep" people won't know to interact with you. Sly.

2 Comments:

At July 07, 2008 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart just goes out to you and your family. It's hard duty for all concerned - patient and supporters.

 
At July 07, 2008 10:15 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Playing possum is a handy thing sometimes. I must plead guilty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home