Monday, July 28, 2008

This story made National News

This man lay three beds down from my dad. His family is lovely. I tried to find a link to this story that did not include video out of respect for his family. Too gruesome.

I had no idea he was at the same facility as dad until I met his grandson two Fridays ago and we starting chatting. When I think about it...they were at the same (first) hospital at the same time and now at this facility just beds away from one another.

The story made national news: CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, and your local newspapers. I'm sure you may have seen it.

I'm hear to tell you that there are hearts behind those stories. A family in pain. I met the son recently and sat with him this evening consoling him as he searches for answers and how to tell his dad that he won't be going home, each time his dad asks when he can go home.

My heart goes out to them. Please say a prayer for Angel Arce Torres and his family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home