Friday, August 01, 2008

Packing my water wings

Usually when I go on vacation I don't have to put this much forethought into organizing and packing. I'm going to the beach for a week and there's just so much that you need to bring. When I go to Disney or on a Cruise, I just pack my water wings and go!

It's been a week full of events:
Dad has made it past 24 hours off the vent
My daughter's iPod got stolen out of her purse at a party
The following Tuesday, I accidently did a non-disruptive restore on my computer and lost all her photos, music and schoolwork. (Nothing of mine was deleted, hence the "non-disruptive.")
I managed to fix the computer and replace some of her photos (I had backed-up but only until last September)
I bought her a new iPod and got Apple to restore approximately 280 of her purchased songs. She had a total of 600 songs on her iPod, some from friends.

So my mind is a little on overload with buying, organizing, packing for the beach.

Note to self: I don't want to forget the vodka and olives and the rum!

The highlight of my week will be the Ya-Ya Party next Friday night. My girls and I manage to do this every year and I thought the beach would be the perfect setting for the 3rd Annual Ya-Ya Celebration. We will have a fire on the beach and there's talk of a baptism ceremony in the ocean.

Have a good week. I'll post photos when I get back.

1 Comments:

At August 08, 2008 9:36 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Hope you're having a great trip!

600 songs? Okay, I'm not going to bitch anymore that I lost 20 or so when the computer was reformatted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home