Tuesday, October 14, 2008

just waiting...and waiting...and waiting

Dad hasn't moved yet - the other hospital is at capacity so the wait has been a long one.

He now has shingles. The doc says it's brought on by stress. The poor guy. He's been managing stress well I must say.

Mom, however, had combat boots on today and was going in with a "kill" attitude. I'm sure heads will roll. She's upset that she noticed the rash and blisters and brought it to their attention (Shingles). It makes her wonder how long before they would have noticed. She was there yesterday when the order was placed for pain meds (he doesn't usually take anything) at 3pm, due to the Shingles and was upset to find out that they finally gave him something this morning.

I tried to tell her before she went to visit to say it nice, but all I got was "I don't need a lecture from you" which means she's determined to let them know she's pi$$ed.

So on and on we go.

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2008 2:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear your dad has shingles. Mine had it several years ago and he was pretty miserable with it.

 
At October 18, 2008 9:13 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Oh damn. My Grandma had shingles off and on for years and I know they're very painful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home