Thursday, November 06, 2008

Seasons Change

Dad has been off the ventilator for 10 days now and is doing well. He still has a little bit of a road ahead of him, but things are looking up. Once he is really stable we can then work on physical rehab. It's been 7 long months and he'll need rehab.

On the work front, there were layoffs this past Monday. I work for one of those companies that is getting a lot of press these days in regards to that industry and stocks and such. 500 layoffs this month alone and more to come throughout 2009.

I've been very busy with college admission stuff and am thankful that my kid has a really great guidance counselor who has been very helpful and very complimentary of the kid.

The beau's birthday is this month and I never know what to get him. Ugh!

3 Comments:

At November 09, 2008 10:36 AM , Blogger Redroach said...

THat sounds like great news for you and your dad.
Hang in there.
Only good things from here on out

TV

 
At November 12, 2008 1:03 PM , Blogger Chickie said...

Surely your Dad is on the upswing. It sounds like you have all had enough of the bad.

 
At November 16, 2008 7:06 AM , Blogger J a d e said...

I hope everything goes well for him and the rest of your family.

You may not remember me, it has been a long time since I was last active on blogger, but I wanted to stop in and see how you were doing. I hope everything gets better for you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home